October 1 at 3:30am I got "the call" from Beth that she was going into labor and only 5 1/2 hours later, Lauren Elaine Murdent was born! She was 2 weeks early, 7 lbs 5 oz and 19 inches with a beautiful head of dark hair. Drew is sooooo excited to meet her and to Trick or Treat with her and to "play wiff her toys." Hmmm, I think I see the real motivation for her excitement. We're all so excited for all of the Sporleder/Murdents. And now I understand "baby fever."
Here are a few pictures I took of her today at 1 day old:
Drew got to see Baby Lauren for the first time yesterday and she was in total awe of her. She just kept stroking her hair and lightly touching her cheek. She watched her change her diaper and while she cried Drew said "I know...I know, sweetie," while stroking her hair. It was hilarious! She leaned in to give her a hug and Lauren sneezed a wet one all over Drew's face, that was pretty funny too. Drew's voice always got 2 octaves higher when talking to Lauren, she sounded like a mouse, it was so cute!



1 comment:
Please tell Beth congratulations for me!!!
Post a Comment