lilypie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Fire!

On the same day we found out that Drew contracted hand, foot and mouth disease (which is in no way related to hoof and mouth disease), we also had a small fire on the slope behind our house. I saw flames right behind our house so my mom called 911 and within minutes the fire and sheriff's department were in our backyard. Here is the link to the story: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/25864004
There were 2 helicopters dumping water on the flames from the Regional Park lake below us and must have flown by our house a dozen times, rattling the house each time. A member of the sheriff's department took this photo of us and the helicopter!

Drew watches Grammy and Daddy and the firefighters from the safety of indoors.
But she has clothes and shoes on in case of an evacuation. I actually went in and woke her up from a much-needed nap just to be safe.
"It will be ok, Nikki. I'll protect you, just hold my hand."

1 comment:

The Hustead Family said...

WOW what a day!! I never even heard about the fire! CRAZY. We had so much fun playing with Drew. We can't wait to do it again!