lilypie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Monday, June 29, 2009

"I'm so excited!"






Since our flight didn't take off until 5:40 and we got to the airport at 3 to be safe, Drew probably wondered when the heck we were getting on the airplane we promised her. She was very good at the airport, keeping herself busy by dancing and saying "Hi, I'm Drew Gratton" to other kids (who usually ignored her), and by sharing some ice cream with Daddy.

Unfortunately, the 5-hour flight caught up with her not long into it. We pulled out every toy and movie we had but she was just too excited to sit. She did fall asleep the last 40 minutes of the flight (about 10:40pm CA time) and slept through deboarding, getting our luggage, the drive to the hotel (which included driving thru Carl's Jr for Mommy and Daddy) and then going to bed in the Marriott pack and play.

But then she woke up at 5am to start Sunday....a long day for all of us. Here are some pictures of the trip so far. Several times she has told us: "I'm so happy!" Which is heart-warming, yet hilarious.



2 comments:

Petersen Family said...

My Drew and Lilly are with you in spirit...gosh, wouldn't you love to see them all play together? I would love to do it Hawaii some day if possible :-)

Looks like you are having a blast....

The Wheeler Family said...

Drew looks like she is having a blast. I love the pic of her smiling. Have a great vacation!

I love the picture from Office Space. That is how I am feeling right now!