lilypie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!

For those of you who may be a little confused, Drew is the Rally Monkey. He is the unofficial mascot of the Anaheim Angels...you knew she couldn't just be a monkey in our family, she was a Duck last year, next year maybe a Memphis Tiger or a Houston Astro... You can see the actual Rally Monkey at www.rallymonkey.com.
It was 75 degrees all evening so we tried to give Drew as much breathing room as possible in her furry costume. That, combined with NO NAP (which hasn't happened since the day she was born), was recipe for potential meltdown. We started out stealing candy from Grammy and Grampy's house...

Then we looked at the pumpkins for the 100th time. We discovered Drew's favorite part about Halloween were the "pumpums." She liked peeking inside them, picking them up, throwing them and hugging them.
Here is the Scott/Gratton Trick-or-Treat caravan (Nikki included) with Princess Drew being pulled in her wagon.

"Candy? You mean everyone we KNOW is just handing out candy? What can I do to be a part of this? I'll do anything! Just let me have the candy!.......I can wear that."
~Jerry Seinfeld

"Ooh, here's a pumpkin I haven't seen yet, wonder if there's any candy in the kitty cat."
Evidence of the no nap.
Drew never seemed scared of any of the decorations, guess she won't be a scaredy cat like her mommy. Auntie Kels was so proud.

Even Great-Grandpa had candy ready for Drew...and not the butterscotch hard candy you would assume. HERSHEYS!
"I've been in this thing for 2 hours now. Get me out and give me some food."I have 4 videos posted on youtube now (click on a frame just above her age ticker), I will add more in a few days. The no-nap led to a pleasant meltdown...she was all giggles later that night and we were fortunate enough to actually get some on tape!

No comments: