I got tagged (by name, no less) by Lindsey Petersen to answer the following questions:
What I was doing 10 years ago (April 22, 2008):
Finishing up my first year at Baylor, going to Baylor baseball games and praying that spring volleyball would soon be over. Actually, I was probably hoping for another minor injury that would keep me from having to participate in any volleyball. Very cheery, eh?
What I was doing 5 years ago (April 22, 2003):
Finishing up my first year of grad school at U of Memphis, playing intramural softball. Jeremy and I had been dating about 7 months and I think at this time I was driving him to doctor's and physical therapy appointments for his busted up knee. I must've known that anyone who has been as injured as me was a good match!
What I was doing a year ago (April 22, 2007):
I was about 7 months pregnant, registering for baby gear, waddling to work at St. Jude Children's Hospital and getting ready to fly back to CA for my baby shower. And I think I had just returned from coaching at a volleyball tournament in Dallas.
What I was doing yesterday (April 21, 2008):
Woke up at 5:45 to a screaming Drew (thank God she slept until 7 today), fed her, put her back down for a morning nap, went to the grocery store, tried for 45 minutes to put crying Drew down for an afternoon nap, took a short walk (she fell asleep), went to volleyball practice and came home to put Drew to bed and watch My Name is Earl.
Things I enjoy:
When Drew is cuddly first thing in the morning, going for walks in our beautiful neighborhood (now that the weather is nice!), vacations (especially CA and Hawaii), uninterrupted sleep (even if it is just a nap), all things Christmas (good one, Lindsey), Memphis during festival season.
5 TV shows I watch:
The Office, Big Brother (though I haven't been watching this bizarro-edition), Jon and Kate Plus 8, SNL, Frasier. Others: How I met your Mother, the Old Adventures of New Christine, American Idol, Friday Night Lights, most programming on HGTV and the Food Network
5 things I hate:
Packing, insects that come after the rain, Jeremy having to work 60+ hour weeks, allergies, long winters.
5 biggest joys in life:
Drew's laugh, going out to dinner with Jeremy (which is so rare now), reading a book outside in my bathing suit, being in Hawaii with my family, Memphis during festival season.
I tag: Lindsey H, Samantha, DJ (Godfather), Kels and anyone else who reads this...
10 years ago



2 comments:
Good call on the allergies!! My husband would say that is THE most hated part of his year!! Strangely similar with our past ten years. That's what happens when you grow up in baseball families that hang out together I guess???
PS Hawaii=Lovely(so jealous you are going soon)
Ohhhhhh, and "Summer Summer Summer Time"...or how about "Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped turned upside down, and I'd like to take a minute so just sit right there, and I'll tell you how I became the Prince of a town called Belair."
Direct quote from Will Smith (Fresh Prince of Belair)
Post a Comment